Wednesday, September 24, 2008

30 CD Collection on the way.

This was took from elvisnews.com. Elvis Unlimited is the source of the info.


Ernst Jorgensen is working on a 30 CD Box Set that will contain all official masters as released during Elvis' life time with another 3 or 4 hours of the most interesting alternate takes, demos, live recordings, home recordings. The set will be USA made and a limited edition to less than 10,000 units.
Ernst Jorgensen : This is a one shot deal. It's coming, it's here, it's gone as Colonel Parker would say. It will be 30 CDs in a very prestigious packaging with a fantastic book with it. USA made limited edition less than 10,000. It's killed me for 15 months now. The work load has been absurd but I could not deny it. I could not deny being a part of that. To me, it is the most astonishing wonderful idea. Here's a whole definition at this time is that it is all official masters as released during Elvis' life time with another 3 or 4 hours (and we have to define that) of the most interesting alternate takes, demos, live recordings, home recordings. There will not be 1 unreleased element on that box because that would be brutally unfair and only encourage bootlegging. You have to want to own that thing. We're not taking you as hostages. But at the same time, it is also a total restoration of every Elvis master with new digital technology.

This for sure will cause a lot of talking amongst Elvis fans. The complaint you always hear is that too much time is spent on shoving the same Elvis material down our throat. Not enough time on the work that's still out there we do not have our hands on or the stuff that needs some updating. This set seems like a good idea to me. Do I really need to get this? Answer is no. I have pretty much stopped getting the general releases of Elvis material since I already have most of it ten times over and I concentrate on the FTD's. Though I will probably will get this if it is within reason because it just sounds like it would be neat to have and I am sure it will sound great. Though I still need to get to buying some FTD's at a fast pace. I was way behind in collecting these great treasures. I need to catch up! I just have to hold myself back and only buy a few times a year because when I do buy them I seem to spend about $150 at a time!

1 comment:

Keith said...

It does sound pretty cool. My problem with a lot of legendary singers is that so many of the albums released is pretty much the same material rehashed over and over. It's always nice when fans get a chance to hear something they never have before.