Sunday, May 25, 2008

Baby Let's Play House to be released

The italian DJ Spankox, who remixed Elvis' classic "Baby Let's Play House" has been invited to Elvis Week 2008 by EPE a guest speaker at the Elvis Insiders Conference. SONY BMG will release his remix single May 27, 2008; a special limited edition CD single of the re-mix will be available exclusively at Elvis Presley’s Graceland in Memphis and online at Shop Elvis.

I personally think this is great. Some people go on and on about how much they hate the remixes. I don't like them near as much as the originals, but if done right they serve a great purpose. I think they open up Elvis to new people. As long as they don't kill the original work, then it is alright. If they start going overboard and releasing stuff rapidly and it is not done right, I am going to have a problem. I can't believe I would ever like any remix done with Baby Let's Play House. As I stated in a previous post some time back, I actually like this pretty good. I am interested to see what Spankox will have to say at the conference.

No comments: