Saturday, August 16, 2008

EW-DAY 6


Yesterday we did not get into anything during the day. Went down to Graceland to do some shopping then came back and caught a few hours of sleep. We got down to Graceland for the Vigil at around 6:30. It was raining and would continue to rain for and hour or so. The vigil started at about 8:30. The crowed was probably the smallest I can remember in the eight years I have been coming out here. I got in line at about 8:00 and was off the hill by 11:00. We stayed in the plaza for another three or four hours listening to Elvis music and soaking up the atmosphere. That's all I have for now. I am getting ready to hit the town to see some sites. It was a great night last night. The main purpose of coming to Memphis is to honor Elvis. It feels great that we got to do that. Though it is sad as well, because it means we are pretty much done here. We will have to leave tomorrow. I think I have decided though I am for sure coming back in January.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Wow. It does sound like you've been having a good time. I've never been there to Elvis Week. I've actually never been to Graceland, so I've really enjoying your look at this week.

Thomas said...

I've also enjoyed your reports! I was there in 2005 and enjoyed every minute of it. Candlelight vigil was a special occasion, I especially remember all the nice people I met that night.