Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Elvis bumps on grinds on Berle's show


Continuing with my thoughts on Elvis on television I am going to talk about Elvis's second performance on Milton Berle's show. Elvis would appear in June of 1956. Elvis sang two songs, Hound Dog and I Want You, I Need You, I Love You. I Want You was on of the first things I can remember about seeing old Elvis footage. For some reason It is not shows as much as some of his other TV stuff, but I think It is pretty good. It has always been on of my favorite performance's. The video below is of Elvis doing Hound Dog.Elvis bumps and grinds like never before on TV and truly causes an uproar across the country. I think it is one of the most important events of his career because it got him so much attention. That would lead to his other TV appearance's that would make history. Elvis would add an extra verse on the end of this song, that was totally unplanned. The band had no idea, but you could never tell. Overall this is one of my favorite Elvis appearance's on TV.This would also be Milton Berle's last telecast after being the Kings of Television comedy for many years.

No comments: