Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Elvis throughout the years to me


When I watch concerts, TV Show Appearences or Movies, I really don't know which Elvis era I like best. I'll like the late 60's one week, 50's the next and even dig the 70's on occasion. Tonight I watched an Ed Sullivan appearence with Mike and just to see him have so much talent just with his style was truely amazing. I think what sticks out the most to me about Elvis in the 50's was his style. There is know doubt anyone else on this planet can pull off the look that he did and thats what makes 50's Elvis freaking cool to me along with his songs which are too many to mention. The 60's era was a fresh start for Elvis, he was fresh out of the army, his rawness from earlier years were gone and he was clearly respected more by older folks because he did his duty of serving time in the army. The thing about the 60's era to me is when Elvis' music became more colorful and not as raw as Hound Dog, Don't be Cruel, or That's Alright Mama. in the mid 60's his songs consisted of pretty much soundtrack songs to his movies. By the late 60's, he was over his movie making and ready to start recording again but first he had the 68' Comeback Special which reinvented him as an entertainer. By the time the seventies rolled around, music had changed and so did Elvis. He seemed to be more colorful with his famous jumpsuits and had the big band sound. The 70's era had a high point with the Live from Via Satillite Aloha From Hawaii Special which attracted more than one third of the planet watching the concert live. All in all Every Elvis Era had huge impacts on the world whether it was good or bad, Elvis was and still is the biggest enigma that has ever been on the face of this planet.

No comments: