Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Elvis Lives




I was originally gonna post on Harum Scarum but I'm sitting here watching ELVIS LIVES: The 25th Anniversary Concert on DVD and thought Id post some thoughts on it. This was one of the first Elvis DVDs I bought a couple years ago. Held at the Pyramid Coliseum in 2002, Elvis is reunited through modern technology with The TCB Band, The Sweet Inspirations, The Imperials, The Stamps Quartet, and The Jordanaires. The DVD has 25 songs on it along with interviews with some of the band. My personal favorite songs on here are "You've Lost That Love and Feelin", "Mystery Train/Tiger Man", "Walk A Mile In My Shoes", "Suspicious Minds", and "If I Can Dream". Hell the whole DVD is awesome. I envy Mike for getting to see the 30th Anniversary Concert live this past Elvis Week, It would've been indescribable to experience the closest thing to seeing The King in concert as they come. This DVD is a must for any fan and definitely anyone can enjoy it super fan or not.

No comments: