Sunday, January 13, 2008

Elvis and Three 6 Mafia, it doesn't get any better


Memphis rap legends Three 6 Mafia recorded a song at the end of the last year where they sampled Elvis's vocals from In The Ghetto. They throw a sick beat on the music from the original song and add some lyrics. If this was any other rap artist doing this I would be having a fit. They would have probably made a mess of it. No such thing happened in this case though. DJ Paul and Juicy J are two of the best producers in the rap game. They have a long history of success and are always being asked to produce for today's top artist. Elvis is my all time favorite singer, and Three 6 Mafia is my all time favorite group. So I was all about this track. I give it a big thumbs up and glad they did this. It was also neat to hear them comment about Elvis when they appeared on the Elvis special late last year. Three of Memphis's finest on one track, that's pretty baller.

No comments: