Saturday, January 12, 2008

Elvis By The Presleys review(CD)

I picked up the 2-CD set Elvis By The Presley's tonight. I could not find any other Elvis Cd's at the store I did not have. Disc one does not have anything on it that is not on many of my other discs. The second disc is what really made me get this CD. It has some outtakes that has been previously unreleased. As I have stated in my previous reviews, I really strive to gather up as many outtakes as I can. It Wouldn't Be The Same Without You is a demo Elvis did in early 54. I have heard this before but it is nice to have on here. It is cool to hear the young Elvis.Anything That's Part of you is an interesting song. Elvis helped write this song and was very proud of it. I have always thought it was a pretty good song. The real standout for me on this set is the Jailhouse Rock outtakes. I have never got to hear any of these. I wish I could hear more of the outtakes from the 50's but I don't think there are as many available as the later stuff. In my opinion Jailhouse Rock is the number one rock and roll song of all time. It is worth my fourteen dollars just to have these. Overall this is a pretty good buy. If you are a casual fan this would be great to have. The more dedicated fan should have most of this material already and probably skipped this release. I try to buy as many Elvis Cd's as I can, so I had to add this.

This puts my collection to 123 Cd's.

No comments: