Sunday, January 6, 2008

King Of The Whole Wide World

This morning I have decided to watch Kid Galahad. Kid was Elvis's tenth film. The film would open in August of 1962. Elvis would play the part of Walter Gulick. Fresh out of the Army and needing a job. He takes up boxing to gather up some money.To make a long story short Elvis wins the fights and gets the girls. Kid is a very good movie. Gig Young and Charles Bronson also appear in this movie. It is reported that Elvis did not like Young at all. Joan Blackman plays the female lead that Elvis ends up with. She has appeared earlier with Elvis in Blue Hawaii. Joan was a pretty lady, but Lola Albright was the lady who did it for me. She played the part of Willy's girl.Elvis sang six songs in this movie. I think all of the songs are pretty good. I Got Lucky and Riding The Rainbow are my favorites. Kid Galahad ranked #37 for top grossing films grossing about $1.75 million.

No comments: