Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thoughts on new FTD's (continued)

The Jungle Room Sessions. I have been really wanting to hear this for a long time. As you can tell by the title of this disc, it was recorded in the Jungle Room at Graceland. These songs made up some of the material on the last two albums that would be released. This CD is awesome from start to finish. The standout tracks for me are Solitaire,Way Down, and He'll Have To Go.
Elvis Southern Nights is composed of material form a tour in 1975. This is a great live album. It is not the best I have heard, but it is pretty solid from start to finish. I liked hearing Elvis do Jambalaya.
Elvis At The International is a concert from Elvis' stint in Vegas in 69. This is the show from August 23rd midnight show. This CD is similar to the show from the FTD All Shook Up. As the case with All Shook Up, this CD rocks. Any of the show from the international in 69 are worth listening to. This gives you a glimpse into what the shows had been like when Elvis first came back to the stage.Reconsider Baby is my favorite from this disc. I love this song, and live it is even better.
Elvis In A Private Moment. This is a collection of private recording of Elvis from 59 all the way up to 1966. Most of the material comes from 59-60. I Wonder, I Wonder, I Wonder is my favorite. I put this CD in for the first time this afternoon and listened to this song about five times.
Pot Luck Is one of my all time favorite Elvis albums. I love all the eras, but If I was forced to pick my favorite, the early to mid sixty's studio work would on top of my list. Kiss Me Quick, (Such An) Easy Question, and That's Someone You Never Forget are awesome. To hear them in this quality of sound is cool. This is a two disc special so the second disc is full of different takes. This is what I love the most from FTD. It would be a travesty not to get to hear these great outtakes. The whole second disc is top of the line.

No comments: