Saturday, January 12, 2008

Yes I'm Girl Happy


Damn look at Elvis sitting between those two fine ladies. I am watching Girl Happy tonight so I will give you my thoughts on it. Girl Happy was Elvis's seventeenth film. Elvis shot the movie in the summer of 64 and opened in theaters in April of 65. The movie also has my two favorite ladies from Elvis movies, Mary Ann Mobley and Shelly Fabares. Girl Happy was number 25 on the top grossing films of 65 earning around 3.1 million.
Girl Happy is not the best script ever, or was the soundtrack the best one he ever recorded. Though this is probably in my top five when it comes to Elvis movies. The movie is set in Fort Lauderdale Florida. It is about a bunch of college kids on spring break. Elvis is sent down to keep an eye on his boss's daughter. Elvis chases girls, sings some songs, and tries to keep the girl out of trouble. In the end Elvis's character ends up falling for the girl he is watching. Shelly Fabares plays the part of the girl Elvis ends up with. She does a good job in the part, and is oh so beautiful. Mary Ann plays the part of the girl Elvis's character chases around before settling on Shelly's Character. Loads of sexy babes fill this movie. Elvis,Shelly,Mary Ann, and good music make this an easy choice for one of my favorite movies. I wont get too much into the soundtrack because I have decided to do reviews on them separately from time to time. My favorite songs from the movies however are Cross My Heart and Hope To Die and Do Not Disturb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Probably my favorite elvis movie, courtesy of the lyrical genius that is Ft. Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce.


"Pretty girls eighteen to twenty-three
If their technique aint what it should be
Get love instruction for free from me
Through the courtesy of the fort lauderdale chamber of commerce"